New Burrowing Owl Yahoo Group

  • torusert
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2010
      Thanks to all for getting the word out on the Burrowing Owl Consortium Meeting. We had over 80 people register from 36 cites representing over 30 organizations related to this "Species of Concern" in California.

      A ring of new artificial habitats is on the drawing board to provide a safer harbor for wintering. Also a new statewide survey is actively under consideration for next year. Presentations for chapters are also available to help educate the birding community.

      Sharing what is going on in the burrowing owl community has been a real struggle. We hope that will change with this new connectivity noted here. Please sign up if you have an interest in the survival of this species.

      Your burrowingowl group at Yahoo! Groups is good to go!
      Here are the details on burrowingowl:
      Group email address: burrowingowl@yahoogroups.com

      Any organization wishing to host the winter meeting in California should contact us.

      tom rusert
      Consortium Host
      Sonoma,CA