Fwd: [slocobirding] Bar-tailed Godwit, Tuesday

  • TEdell@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2010
      I am posting this for Bll Bouton who had trouble accessing Calbirds. Check out the links to see some great photos of the bird.

      Tom Edell
      Cayucos, CA

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2010
        After seeing the Bar-tailed Godwit this afternoon between 4 - 6 PM, I thought I would alert everyone to an easier walk out to the bird. Instead of parking at the Army Road location as in previous posts, drive up hill into the park. After passing the Montana de Oro Park entrance sign take your first right on a paved road (a little over half a mile) and drive towards the ocean to the Sandspit parking lot. From here it is about a third of a mile to the beach on compacted gravel. The last 450 feet is soft sand but then you get to walk on wet sand to the bird.

        This beach entrance is less than 1/3 of a mile from where the Army Road location enters the beach. It is easier and shorter.

        Oh, the BTGO was seen between rescue markers 3 & 4 with about 15 MAGO.

        Greg Smith
        Los Esteros