Red-billed Tropicbirds and Bald Eagles at San Clemente Island

  • erinfeinblatt
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2010
      I was on a five day boat trip to the Southern Channel Islands last week and spotted 4 red-billed tropicbirds about one mile offshore along the Eastern coast of San Clemente Island. Three were together, one was about a two miles up the coast and solitary. Also of interest were two adult Bald Eagles on San Clemente Island. Located on the Eastern coastline near Pyramid Head. Both tagged. Red tag unknown id#. Blue tag #32. Blue tag was seen two consecutive days. Red tag was seen second day only in very close proximity with blue tag but perched separately. Red tag scavenged on a fish discarded from a sport fishing vessel.