Shorebird counts and nesting distribution

  • Gyorgy Szimuly/WorldWaders
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2010
      Dear Birders,

      Thanks to the kind moderators I had a chance to follow birding news and reporting from birders of California and was thrilled by the activity, not talking about the bird diversification. Me, as a completely outsider, in geographical meaning only, could get a nice picture of your activity and birds.

      When I started to develop the WorldWaders database (http://www.worldwaders.org) for shorebirds, I dreamed to have so many active users and collaborators who help to grow this global initiative big. some of you have already joined and I am more than grateful for that. You made an excellent job. The journey is long but our supporters help to spread the word and help to include more and more sites and more and more species.

      Mapping shorebirds globally is a huge challenge but we are ready to face this task. It is clear now that every effort is worth. Here I make another try to encourage you, who spend endless hours in the field to share your shorebird records with us, with the WorldWaders database, both for nesting and non-breeding shorebirds.

      I know in the growing eBird era (which I am personally supporting and contributing) the community is divided but some might take a few minute by case to submit records.

      Please join us and help to make a better world for shorebirds. Thanks for listening (I really hope it is not considered as an advertising!). Our project detail can be read here: http://www.worldwaders.org/index.php?modul=ujmadar

      Kind regards, Gyorgy Szimuly (Szimi)/WorldWaders