Condor Express 31 July 2010 Trip Report & Video

  • thunefeld
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2010
      Greetings,

      The Condor Express sailed into perfect seas on 31 July 2010 from Santa Barbara to the San Juan Seamount. We saw migrating Arctic Terns, South Polar Skuas, Long-tailed Jaegers and Sabine's Gulls. We also saw Black-footed Albatrosses, Cook's Petrels, lots of Ashy Storm-petrels, hypoleuca Xantus's Murrelets, Blue Whales, Fin Whales, Humpback Whales and rarely seen Baird's Beaked Whales.

      See the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajzePuB1p14

      See the trip report: http://www.socalbirding.com/tripreports/santabarbarajul312010.html

      See upcoming trips: http://www.socalbirding.com/upcomingtrips.html

      We highly recommend the air-conditioned chef-equipped SEARCHER pelagic adventure going out on Monday, Labor Day, returning the following Friday morning for the ultimate birding experience through the bird-rich Channel Islands and to the deep waters off the edge of the Continental Shelf.

      SEARCHER: http://www.socalbirding.com/trips/searchersep6102010.html

      W. Terry Hunefeld, Encinitas
      Life is short. Seabird often.
      In memory of Luke Cole and Mike San Miguel
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aW8-13p-IE
      "Come on out with us to see what's out there."

      Southern California Seabirding Trips
      by: Buena Vista Audubon Society
      http://www.SoCalBirding.com
      Los Coronados Islands & Nine Mile Bank
      all the way to the edge of the Continental Shelf