BT Green, Mendocino; Ea. Kingbird, Sonoma

  • Barbara
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2010
      A visiting birder from Santa Barbara, Matt Victoria, called me to report he had a singing Black-throated Green Warbler at Russian Gorge State Park (between Ft Bragg and Mendocino) yesterday at 1:30. Directions: Park at the Fern Canyon trail head. Walk towards the waterfall till you come to a fork after 1.3 miles. At the fork, take the short loop trail (left). The bird was singing at the very next bridge.

      This morning at 9:30 he saw and photographed an Eastern Kingbird in Sonoma County at mile marker 44.90 along Hwy 1. This is north of Salt Point State Park.

      Matt's # is 315 345 2300.

      I hope I got all of this right.

      Best,

      Hugh Ranson