Kern River Valley (and surrounding areas) belated report

  • mdodder@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2010
      All,
      Sorry for the belated report, but I've finally posted images, map and trip list for our tour of Quaking Aspen, Trail of 100 Giants, Kern River Preserve, Chimney Peak Back Country Byway, Kelso Valley Road, and Inyokern. The trip took place June 18 - June 21 and was primarily geared toward the familiar targets (from a NorCAL  perspective). We were successful with most of our goas, but failed to find Black-chinned Sparrow. Still, us Northerners were pretty happy with Summer Tanager, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Cactus Wren, Ladder-backed Woodpecker, Scott's Oriole, Black-throated Sparrow, Plumbeous Vireo... One brief look at Northern Goshawk at Trail of 100 Giants was thrilling too!
      http://www.birdguy.net/news/index06_10.html

      Enjoy,Matthew DodderMountain View, CA
      http://www.birdguy.net
      http://www.zazzle.com/mdodder