Rose-breasted Grosbeak at our bird feeder

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2010
      This morning at 8 am, for the first time in the 15 years we have lived in Swansboro, a Rose-breasted Grosbeak came to our bird feeder. It's a male grosbeak coming for the sunflower seeds.
      On May 30, about 7 pm, we saw two Common Nighthawks fly high over Trout Lake, a neighborhood pond in Swansboro. This is also a first in our 15 years. I didn't have time to post this prior to today.
      Also on May 30, we saw a beautiful male Hermit Warbler near Swansboro Road on Mosquito Road.

      Frank J. Severson
      Placerville CA 95667
      11 miles north of Placerville, at 3000 feet elevation, in the ponderosa Pine Belt
      El Dorado County

      Home: (530) 642-1787