Re: [CALBIRDS] CA County Birding maps

  • Jamie Chavez
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 10, 2010
      I maintain a Santa Barbara County birding guide with incorporated Google
      map links:

      http://mysite.verizon.net/res0d1yq/content2.html

      Jamie M. Chavez
      Santa Maria, CA

    • Finatic
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 22, 2010
        Hi Calbirders,

        Thanks to everyone who responded with maps of which they were aware. I've created a PDF and added it in the files section of the group in the California County Online Maps folder. Many counties are missing but I have listed all maps for which I have either found or been told about.

        My original request was due to meeting someone who told me about John Sterling's site and those birders who have tallied 150 birds in each California County. You can visit the site at the following link:
        http://www.sterlingbirds.com/county_birders.htm

        My first goal is to simply get to all 58 counties. Now as I make it to new areas of the state I have easy access to birding maps created by birders!

        I hope everyone out there can make use of these online maps. If I have missed any maps or have credited the wrong person/group for a map's creation please let me know and I fix the file.

        Good birding,
        BJ Stacey
        Santee, CA