Update: June 25 Monterey Pelagic

  • Debra Shearwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2010
      Howdy, Seabirders,

      This is an update regarding the Shearwater Journeys' pelagic trip
      departing from Monterey on Friday, June 25th. The trip is SOLD OUT.

      In addition to the leaders previously announced: Todd McGrath,
      Jennifer Green, Peter Pyle, Don Doolittle, Abe Borker, Wes Fritz and
      Debi Shearwater, our special guest of honor will be Greg Miller. Greg
      is one of the three birders who competed in "The Big Year." We are
      delighted to welcome him on board. He has also been involved in the
      filming of the movie of the same name. Birding Adventures TV will be
      on board to shoot segments for this 20th Century Fox release.

      Please note the following: You will be asked to sign a release form
      for the movie. Greg is willing to autograph your copy of "The Big
      Year," if you bring it with you. And, if the weather conditions are
      good, we plan to stay out until 5 or 5:30 pm, searching for Cook's
      Petrels. This should be a very exciting day!

      If you did not sign up for this trip, and are searching for Cook's
      Petrels, as well as other seabirds, I highly recommend that you jump
      on board the Condor with me on this Saturday, June 12th! I will be
      joining Todd McGrath and Terry Hunefield, and other leaders on this
      offshore trip. Spaces are still available. For a reservation, please
      call SEA LANDING at 888-77WHALE to sign on with us! The cost is $195
      per person.

      Shearwater Journeys' Half Moon Bay departures on July 31 and August 1
      have an excellent chance for finding Cook's Petrels, if they are out
      there. For Hawaiian Petrels, the best bet is the Fort Bragg trips on
      August 13 and 15. These can be combined with the Bodega Bay trip on
      August 11th for some excellent coastal birding in between trips´┐Ż
      having your cake and eating it, too!

      Starring Shearwaters Forever,
      Debi Shearwater

      Debra Shearwater