LA Audubon Photo night, June 9, 2010 reminder

  • Nick & Mary Freeman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2010
      Hi Birders

      Sending a reminder to attend Los Angeles Audubon Society's monthly
      meeting, 7:30pm, Wednesday June 9, 2010 in Plummer Park, 7335 Santa
      Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90046, room 1 in the West Hollywood
      Community Hall. Refreshments will be served at the bookstore after
      the presentation. Parking is available on the Santa Monica Blvd.
      entrance side to the south and the lot behind LAAS Bookstore on
      Fountain Ave. to the north. There is abundant on-street parking
      after 7:00pm on the south side of Santa Monica Blvd., across the
      street from Plummer Park and the West Hollywood Community Center.

      Tonight is a special event night - it's Birder's Photo Night!
      Everyone is invited to bring in their favorite top five bird photos.
      Come and see what some of our local birders have been photographing
      during their birding adventures. Bring your photos on a thumb drive
      or CD to show on a laptop. Be prepared to say a little something on
      each photo, such as species, time of year, location and photo
      equipment. All photographers, please email us of your intent to
      participate to: fldtrip@....

      Nick and Mary Freeman will feature a bird ID quiz before the
      presentation.

      Here are some of our upcoming and outstanding fieldtrips. These
      trips are open to all levels and members.

      Southern Sierra, June 11-14, 2010 with Bob Barnes

      Mt. Pinos, June 26, 2010 with Barbara Johnson

      Quaking Aspen Owl Search, July 2-5, 2010 (date correction) with Mary
      & Nick Freeman

      This will be the last regular monthly meeting for the season. I have
      completed lining up some fine programs for the remainder of 2010. A
      big thanks go to our upcoming speaker's commitments. The next
      program is September 8, 2010 when NY's Tom Stephenson returns to Los
      Angeles to give a talk on "How Understanding Sonograms Can Help You
      Learn Bird Vocalizations". He's a great speaker, birder and
      photographer and he's coming in from New York to give this great talk
      to the birding community.

      I hope you will take time out this night for the festivities!

      Mary Freeman
      Glendale, CA
      Programs Chair and Field Trip Leader for Los Angeles Audubon Society
      http://losangelesaudubon.org/