Long-term purple finch monitoring - Volunteers needed!

  • purple.finches
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2010
      Hello Bird Lovers!

      I am a graduate student at the University of Utah that has worked with purple finches in Minnesota for the past 3 seasons. I am starting a long-term monitoring study of purple finch population status and distribution/range and need volunteers that are interested in monitoring purple finches, house finches, pine siskins at their feeders. This will require little work on your end – only 1-2 hours a month depending on your interest and time. If you would like more information, please e-mail me (purple.finches@...) with the following:

      *Your name

      *City/County/State

      *Months of the year you see purple finches

      I can then give you more information on what you can do to help! I need volunteers from all over, so please tell your birder friends! I greatly appreciate your time.

      Thanks!

      Sarah Knutie
      purple.finches@...