Arctic Loon at Pt. Lobos yesterday?

  • debbieviess
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2010
      Floating just past Moss Cove, extreme northern end of park, around 11:00 am. In breeding plumage. Distinctive white flank patches included in my sketch at the time of sighting.

      However, the bird's legs were sticking straight out behind him as he floated...could that have caused his white undersides to look like flank patches???

      Debbie Viess
      Oakland, CA