Birding in Sunnyside Cemetary, Signal Hill, Ca

  • alfmo2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2010
      Howdy all-
      Linda L. and I, Al M. went birding at this very small cemetary in Signal Hill, located on Willow, between Atlantic and Cherry.
      We birded for about an hour and saw 28 species.
      Of note were two Lazuli Buntings, several Western Tanagers, two Black-headed Grobeaks (M&F), two sparrow, Whitecrowned and Chipping. We also
      had four Warblers (Blackthroated Gray, Orange-crowned, Yellow-rumped, and Nashville), many Cedar-wax Wings, one Hooded, plus the usual suspects.
      This is private property so we asked permission from the caretakers.
      This is a fairly old cemetary and has quite a few blooming Silk Oaks,
      and other trees. We think that the attraction for the birds are the
      Silk Oaks.
      Good birding to all
      Al Moreno
      Downey