Wilson's Plover at Bolsa Chica, Orange County yesterday afternoon, 4/13/10

  • Nick & Mary Freeman
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2010
      Hi Birders

      Nick and I and others, last saw the WILSON'S PLOVER fly away with a
      group of peeps around 4:30pm. Bolsa Chica is located in Orange
      County, CA, south of Seal Beach and north of Huntington Beach, CA. As
      per Dave: "150 yards on the dike trail west of "point" on inland side
      of boardwalk".

      Dave Bell reposted that the plover was seen yesterday afternoon,
      around 2:25pm. Should you want to experience the bird, check for low
      tide. The plover was very close and I was able to take some photos as
      it ran and foraged in the pickleweed on the exposed mud close to the
      walk way.

      Happy Birding!

      Mary & Nick Freeman
      Glendale, CA