Godwit Days April 19-21, 2002

  • LBJ Enterprises
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2002
      Dear Calbirders,

      Time is drawing near for our main event here in Arcata/Eureka Humboldt County. The committee has recently updated the web page with this year's events. Check out www.godwitdays.com for details.

      I strongly encourage everybody to visit, the Humboldt Birding Community is very much involved in the event and the welcome people feel is genuine. This distant part of California has a great community spirit and really nice people. I like to call it the "Last best place in California" we have green rolling hills, the Arcata Marsh, unspoilt rivers and estuaries and bays, as well as all those northern forest birds you all need for your California year list.

      If you plan to visit, choose the third weekend in April.

      Yours Rob

      PS if that weekend in April doesn't work, our sister festival in Crescent City on March 22-25th provides another opportunity. Their web page can be accessed from the festivals link on our page at www.birdjobs.com

      LBJ Enterprises
      1707 E Street, #10
      Eureka, Ca. 95501
      707-442-0339