Monterey Seabirds Spring pelagics

  • Roger Wolfe
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2010
      Ahoy Seabirders,

      The spring seabirding season is fast upon us. Monterey Seabirds is
      offering the only spring trips available out of Monterey in 2010. Cost
      remains $105 per person and once again a free trip is available for
      every three you take in the calendar year. Our first trip of the year is
      coming up on Sunday, April 11 and the second trip is scheduled for
      Saturday, May 8.

      Previous spring Monterey Seabird trips have yielded SHORT-TAILED
      ALBATROSS, MURPHY’S PETREL(2009), HORNED and TUFTED PUFFIN, LAYSAN
      ALBATROSS, MANX SHEARWATER, FORK-TAILED STORM-PETREL and YELLOW-BILLED
      LOON to name a few.

      We have also had encounters with KILLER WHALES on 3 different spring
      trips. April and May is THE time to see Killer Whales in action in the
      Monterey Bay.

      You can register online at http://www.montereyseabirds.com or call 831
      375 4658 to reserve your spot.

      Charter trips for Audubon groups start at $1650 for up to 25 persons.
      Trip leaders who are interested in pelagic birding out of Monterey feel
      free to drop me an email off list and let's chat.

      Regards,
      Roger Wolfe for Monterey Seabirds
      Soquel Canyon, CA