Re: [CALBIRDS] Re:RFI - Pelagics from onshore

  • sanmigbird@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 13, 2010
      Anthony, Lowell and all,

      Over the years I have done pelagic birding from shore hundreds of times and my favorite places have been Point Vicente on the Palos Verdes Peninsula and Point Dume in Malibu. The landscape and ocean views from these places are spectacular and access is well detailed in Introduction to Birds of the Southern California Coast by Joan E. Lentz or by using Google earth. Other easily accessible pelagic spots are Point Mugu in Ventura County, Newport Pier and Crescent point in Orange County and La Jolla Cove in San Diego. A good spotting scope is essential.

      Mike San Miguel
      Arcadia CA