LITTLE GULL at Lake Perris - Yes

  • tburr155
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2010
      Three of us from San Diego drove up to Lake Perris this morning to try and pick out the LITTLE GULL from all the scattered Bonaparte's gulls at the east end of the Lake. We arrived at parking lot 12 about 1030 and spent the next 1.5 hours scanning the near bay and the far side (from us) of the lake. It wasn't until about 1205 that the LIGU was seen, but even tho it was over 1000 yds away (yes, you definitely need a scope) the black underwings were clearly visible. Although it flew a little closer, close enough to clearly see the light wing tips and white trailing edge of the wing, it did not fly into the bay in front of us. We had it under almost constant view for a good 35 min.
      Tim Burr
      Poway, CA