Behavior Question for Goldfinches

  • pensioner
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2010
      As seed slinging season progresses, I wondered how the finches and finchettes find the feeder to start with. Do they smell the delicious and expensive seed? When I put up a feeder in a distant friends yard there were finches within the day, fussing, slinging seed and making merry. How did they find it? The feeder and the seed I mean.

      My motley rabble now numbers up to 17 at a time and the 5lb bag of seed is on it's way out. Time for a food run.

      Al Knoll
      Sacramento CA