LA Audubon monthly meeting, 2/10/10

  • Nicholas Freeman
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2010
      Hi Birders

      You are cordially invited to attend Los Angeles Audubon's monthly
      meeting, 7:30pm, Wednesday February 10, 2010 in Plummer Park, 7335
      Santa Monica Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90046, room 6 in the Community
      Hall. Refreshments will be served at the bookstore after the
      presentation.

      Blake Massey presents: "The California Condor Recovery Program Update"

      Blake Massey is a US Fish and Wildlife Service California Condor
      Biologist. He will discuss the status, management, and the research
      effort of the California Condor Recovery Program. Blake will
      provide a perspective on the wild and captive population of the past
      25 years, and the status of the species today. He will show
      information about the current nest guarding program and share video
      footage of first-hand account of nest entries. Blake will provide
      up to date GPS transmitter data and illustrate insights into the
      seasonal reproductive and foraging patterns of this species. Lastly,
      Blake will talk about the Program's ongoing research and challenges
      of recovering such a unique and amazing bird in a changing landscape.

      Next month's meeting, 3/10/10, Ed Pandolfino will give a presentation
      on: Changes in the Winter Distribution of Rough-legged Hawks in North
      America.

      Please join our trips as we have planned some fabulous ones for
      owling, birding in the east Mojave Desert, to viewing sage grouse in
      Owens Valley and more. Our trips are open to everyone from beginners
      to advanced birders.

      See you Wednesday!

      Mary Freeman
      Glendale, CA
      Programs Chair and Field Trip Leader for Los Angeles Audubon Society