Photos-Brown Thrasher continues at A.W. Noon Park in Kern County

  • Ken and Brenda Kyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2010
      Today, Thursday, 1/14/10, we saw the Brown Thrasher that has been previously reported by other birders on kercobirding. It continues in the same location at A.W.Noon Park in Kern County. The entrance road leads to the Buena Vista Golf Course. The Buena Vista Golf Course is on Golf Course Road, west of the Buena Vista Aquatic Recreation Area and east of the hamlet of Dustin Acres.

      If you travel to see this bird, look for the juniper looking cypress bushes on the left side of the entrance road that leads to the golf course. These bushes are near the slope of a saltbush covered hillside. Do not enter the golf course parking lot.

      At 9:30am this morning, we stood across the road from the juniper looking cypress, and the Brown Thrasher came out from under the bush onto the grass. We were able to observe it through our scope. At 1:45pm we were sitting at a bench across from the bushes, and the Brown Thrasher came out from under the bush.

      We have placed three photos of this Brown Thrasher into the
      the CALBIRDS photo section in the album labeled Birds.

      Ken and Brenda Kyle
      Bakersfield