Brown Thrasher continues at AW Noone Park in Kern Co.

  • jack hayden
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2010
      My wife and I had several limited sightings of the Brown Thrasher at AW Noone Park in Kern County yesterday at around 4:00 PM. I first spotted it in the scrub beyond the juniper-looking cypress located in the western edge of the park. It soon reappeared 40 feet from where I last saw it as it flew into the cypress. Once in the cypress it was difficult to view and continued to be elusive. It stayed in the cypress for about 10 minutes then flew to another cypress and could not be relocated. Also seen were several Lawrence's Goldfinches, a Spotted Towhee and a Brown Creeper as previously noted by Ali.
      Good Birding!
      Jack HaydenAlbany CA