Santa Maria White Wagtail Found Again

  • Jamie Chavez
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2010
      All,

      And apologies for cross-posting. I just received a call from Dave
      Compton as reported to him that the Santa Maria WHITE WAGTAIL missed
      yesterday, 12/31 has been relocated today 1/1/10. The bird continues at
      Laguna Sanitation wastewater treatment plant just west of Santa Maria
      (see previous messages for directions). The bird turned up in the large
      dry settling pond inside the facility along the western edge of the
      property. This large pond in just north of the cement-lined ponds where
      it has been seen most frequently. Who knows where it went yesterday.

      As posted before, park outside of the plant (do not block the gate or
      turn-around area) and walk along the fence and broccoli field to the
      west end. From here you can parallel the fence along side the property
      to reach the break or levee between the cement pond and large dry pond
      where the bird is being seen today.

      Good birding in 2010!

      --
      Jamie M. Chavez