Reports of Wintering Great-tailed Grackles

  • sta_birder2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 8:39 PM
      I have gathered the following information about the winter occurence
      of Great-tailed Grackles in Northern California. I would appreciate
      additional information if you know of other records.

      Thanks
      Jim Gain
      Modesto
      STA_Birder@...

      Central Valley
      YOL - Roger Adamson – Fri, 01 Mar 2002 – 2 males at Wildhorse Golf
      Course, Davis (CVBirds post)

      SAC - Chris Conard - Sat, 29 Dec 2001 – Usually a few in winter along
      Laguna Creek, Elk Grove (Personal Communication)

      SJ - Suga Moriwaki - Tue, 15 Jan 2002 – 20 grackles at Bear Creek
      High School, (SJBirds post)

      STA - Harold Reeve - Sat, 29 Dec 2001 – 115 grackles at Creekside
      Golf Course, Modesto (STA_Birds post)

      FRE - Gary Pott? – Sun, 27 Jan 2002 – 20+ north of Fresno Airport (PC)

      KER - Michael McQuerrey - Mon, 18 Feb 2002 – 300 grackles Hidden Lake
      Rio Bravo Country Club (Kerncobirding post)

      Coastal

      SON - Karen Meier – Sat, 29 Dec 2001 – 2 reported in feeder in Santa
      Rosa (NorthBay Birds post)

      MRN – rumors of 1 female somewhere????

      MTY - Dan Singer – Fri, 28 Dec 2001 – 3 reported CBC (PC)

      SCZ - Clay Kempf – Tue, 01 Jan 2002 – 3 found during Moss Landing
      CBC, SCZ (PC)

      SCZ - David Suddjian - 03 Jan 2001 – 1st winter record in SCZ (PC)