Reporting oiled or injured birds

  • Rebecca Dmytryk
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2009
      Dear Birders - We have had some sightings of oiled and/or 'down'
      marine birds in the region. The reports came through Lists and were
      not forwarded to official rescue groups in time to dispatch a search
      and rescue team.

      Here are some numbers to put into your cell phones to report
      debilitated marine birds when sighted:

      Big Sur to Bay Area:

      WildRescue Pager
      831-429-2323

      Bay Area

      International Bird Rescue
      707-207-0380

      All or California

      CA Wildlife Hotline
      866-WILD-911

      PRESS 3 and leave a message. It will alert the team.

      Thank you!

      Rebecca Dmytryk
      WildRescue
      P.O. Box 65