Future pelagic trips

  • john small
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2009
      Good Evening California Birders

      An addendum to my whale watching trip last Saturday(12-5-09) where I had good numbers of Cassins Auklets & Black Vented Shearwaters. I thought that I'd share some charter boat companies that I've obtained ph. numbers for. I've given at least 2 of these numbers to Los Angeles Audubon Society, although I don't know if L.A. Audubon has ever contacted either one regarding future pelagic trips. 1 is the boat charter company that runs the Christopher(the Blue Whale trip) out of Long Beach. Their charter trip service is called: Harbor Breeze Cruises. And their ph. number is
      (562) 432-4900.

       And another one is run by a friendly gentleman I had the good fortunes of meeting. This gentleman also used to have his boat docked in Long Beach as well. Although I don't know the whereabouts of this gentleman at the moment, I do believe his charter cruise service is still actively in business. This
      gentleman's contact number is: 1(800)460-2575#425. I'm not if this extensions correct, as I don't have his original business card, but a paper duplicate, and the paper is quite faded. The gentleman's name is Jason Ware. if you should contact this gentleman, please let him that I extended this
      information to you. I'd really appreciate it. Thank You.

       And the last 2 ph.numbers maybe the same charter cruise company. 1 is 1(800) ON THE BAY, and the other is 1(800) 229-2412. This is all I could get a hold of, but it might of great assistance to contact these for future pelagic birding trips.

      Thank You
      Good Birding
      John Small
      Torrance,CA