Laysan Albatross in Mendocino Co., etc.

  • Chris Conard
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2009
      Folks,

      Sorry for the late report, but I thought some might be interested in a
      report on "Al," the Laysan Albatross at Point Arena Cove in Mendocino
      County. Kimya Lambert and I saw him fly in around 3:30 pm on Friday,
      11/27/09. Both legs appeared to be working well (photos from the winter of
      06/07 showed an apparent broken leg).
      Photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/conardc/

      Also of modest note was the continuing American Dipper on 11/28 along Putah
      Creek in Solano County where Hwy 128 crosses the creek just below Lake
      Berryessa's Monticello Dam.

      Chris Conard
      Sacramento