Golden-crowned Sparrow Distribution

  • lister_doug
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26 11:41 AM
      I'm new to the area and work about 18 miles north of Bridgeport in the Eastern Sierra Nevadas. I was hiking in the Toiyabe Nat'l Forest this morning and noticed a Zonotrichia sp. sparrow that looked like a Golden-crowned. I'm not real familiar with the species, and the range maps I have show them wintering west of the Sierra Nevadas. Has their winter range changed? Any help, ideas, or information is greatly appreciated.

      Doug Lister
      Gardnerville, NV
      lister_doug@...