North American Birds Reminder

  • sgloverccc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1 10:52 AM
      March 2002

      Dear North American Birds Contributors,

      As always, apologies to those of you who are getting this from multiple
      listserves.

      Please send your noteworthy records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for
      the period 1 December - 28 February to the appropriate Subregional Editors
      (see below) or to the Regional Editors by 10 December.

      Please keep in mind that Glover is responsible for all birds from doves
      through Wrentit, and that this includes such birds as vireos and shrikes.

      PLEASE use Subregional Editors for the counties that have them. These SREs
      painstakingly keep track of records within their counties and are in most
      cases THE source of information on the birds of their counties. By sending
      your records to the SREs, you are helping to contribute to their county files
      as well as to North American Birds. If you wish to send copies to the
      Regional Editors, we welcome them, but please send records through the SREs
      as well. If you have a noteworthy winter sighting from a county without a
      Subregional Editor, please send records to the Regional Editors below.

      Records of loons-frigatebirds and larids-alcids go to Scott Terrill and Tom
      Ryan at:
      H.T. Harvey & Associates
      3150 Almaden Expwy., Suite 145
      San Jose, CA 95118
      or
      sterrill@...

      Records of herons to shorebirds go to Mike Rogers at:
      499 Novato Ave.
      Sunnyvale, CA 94086
      m.m.rogers@...

      Records of doves through thrushes/Wrentit (in the new AOU order, that
      includes vireos and shrikes) go to Steve Glover at:
      6526 Conestoga Lane
      Dublin, CA 94568
      or
      Sgloverccc@...

      Records of thrashers to finches go to Don Roberson at:
      282 Grove Acre Avenue
      Pacific Grove, CA 93950
      or
      creagrus@...

      SUBREGIONAL EDITORS

      Alameda
      Bob Richmond
      24650 Amador St. #15
      Hayward, CA 94544
      BRichmondALA@...

      Alpine & Calaveras
      Penelope Bowen
      2035 Ashton Ave
      Menlo Park CA 94025
      PbowenD@...

      Amador
      Mike Robbins
      8700 Elk Ridge Way
      Elk Grove CA 95624

      Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Sutter, Tehama, Yuba
      Bruce Deuel
      18730 Live Oak Road
      Red Bluff, CA 96080
      bdeuel@...

      Contra Costa
      Steve Glover
      6526 Conestoga Lane
      Dublin CA 94568
      Sgloverccc@...

      Del Norte
      Alan D. Barron
      1093 Hwy 101 N. #18
      Crescent City, CA 95531
      flockfinder@...

      El Dorado
      Tim Steurer
      4042 Bancroft Dr.
      El Dorado Hills, CA 95762-6933
      tsteurer@...

      Humboldt
      David Fix and Jude Claire Power
      P.O. Box 4331
      Arcata, CA 95518
      dfxjcp@...

      Kings
      Luke Cole
      561 Hill Street
      San Francisco, CA 94114
      luke@...

      Lake
      Jerry R. White
      P.O. Box 113
      Kelseyville, CA 95451
      grwhite@...

      Lassen, Sacramento & Yolo
      Tim Manolis
      808 El Encino Way
      Sacramento, CA 95864
      ylightfoot@...

      Mendocino
      Bob Keiffer
      P. O. Box 354
      Hopland CA 95449
      rjkeiffer@...

      Merced and San Benito
      Kent Van Vuren
      26 Vista Dr.
      Salinas, CA 93907
      vanvurenk@...

      Modoc
      John Sterling
      Jones & Stokes Associates
      2600 V St.
      Sacramento, CA 95818-1914
      ani@...

      Mono and San Mateo
      Peter J. Metropulos
      470 Middlefield Rd.
      Atherton, CA 94027
      pjmetrop@...

      Monterey
      Don Roberson
      282 Grove Acre
      Pacific Grove CA 93950
      831-373-2566fax
      creagrus@...

      Napa & Solano
      Robin Leong
      336 Benson Ave.
      Vallejo, CA 94590-3027
      robin_leong@...

      Nevada
      Brian Williams
      8200 Turner Dr.
      Granite Bay, CA 95746
      bwcal@...

      Placer
      Ed Pandolfino
      4807 Miners Cove Circle
      Loomis, CA 95650
      erpfromca@...

      Plumas & Sierra
      John "Mac" McCormick
      2351 Filbert St.
      Apt. #102
      San Francisco, CA 94123
      macmc94123@...

      San Francisco (mainland)
      Hugh Cotter
      1219 Broderick St.
      San Francisco, CA 94115
      htcotter@...

      San Joaquin
      David G. Yee
      11707 N. Alpine Rd.
      Lodi, CA 95240
      dyee@...

      Santa Clara
      William G. Bousman
      321 Arlington Way
      Menlo Park CA 94025
      bousman@...

      Santa Cruz
      David Suddjian
      801 Monterey Ave.
      Capitola, CA 95010
      DSUDDJIAN@...

      Shasta
      Bob Yutzy
      P. O. Box 990237
      Redding CA 96099
      boby@...

      Siskiyou
      Ray Ekstrom
      2209 Delphic Rd.
      Montague, CA 96064

      Sonoma
      Ruth Rudesill
      P.O. Box 371
      Kenwood, CA 95452
      rar@...

      Stanislaus
      Jim Gain
      310 Gayle Ave
      Modesto, CA 95350
      STA_Birder@...

      Trinity
      John E. Hunter
      P.O. Box 4483
      Arcata, CA 95518
      jhunter323@...

      Tuolumne
      Kenneth J. Brunges
      P.O. Box 1180
      Columbia, CA 95310
      Fulica@...

      We currently have no regional editors for Fresno, Madera, Marin, Mariposa and
      Tulare Counties. Records from these counties should be sent directly to the
      Regional Editors.

      The Reporting Deadlines are:
      Spring Summer Fall Winter

      Season ends May 31 July 31 Nov 30 Feb 28

      Observer reports to Subregional Editors (SREs)
      June 10 Aug 10 Dec 10 Mar 10

      Observer reports to Regional Editors (if not sent to SRE)
      June 10 Aug 10 Dec 10 Mar 10

      SRE reports to Regional Editors
      June 20 Aug 20 Dec 20 Mar 20

      Regional Editors final text to ABA office
      July 10 Sep 10 Jan 10 Apr 10

      PLEASE meet your deadlines so that we can meet our deadlines!

      Please send reports in our preferred order: species, date(s) [including
      year], locale, co. abbrev., number of birds, and observer, and then, on a
      second line, any comments. Please separate these sections by a "tab" (except
      just a space between locale and county abbreviation) on electronic versions
      submitted. Again, here's an example of the correct format:

      Grace's Warbler 12/13/98-2/20/99 Jacks Peak MTY 1 RFT, mob
      A second record for the Region (the first was 6/26/91 at Deer Spring,
      Glass Mt. MNO) which wintered with a large flock of Townsend's & Hermit
      warblers at the very top of Jacks Peak in Jacks Peak Regional Park. Details
      by Tintle and others are enclosed.

      Many observers and Subregional Editors have been submitting their reports
      electronically, either on a diskette or by e-mail. PLEASE submit electronic
      reports if possible. We are trying to maintain an electronic database of at
      least recent records, and we hope to be able to have all old data entered
      eventually so that the entire database will be easily accessible to anyone
      who wants it. Electronic submission of records in the format described above
      makes it much easier for us maintain this electronic database.

      We've heard questions about, comments on, and criticism of our regional
      reports from several observers and SREs. We really appreciate this feedback,
      as it helps us to better represent what is going on in the Region as a whole.
      Please help us correct any factual errors we make, and don't hesitate to let
      us know what you think of the reports.

      Many thanks to all the contributors and Subregional Editors who make these
      reports possible!

      Sincerely,

      Don Roberson, Mike Rogers, Scott Terrill, Tom Ryan, and Steve Glover

      (Middle Pacific Coast Regional Editors)
    • sgloverccc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2002
        The short North American Birds summer season is over already! Apologies as
        usual to those of you on multiple listserves. Please read the note below
        about Luke Cole handling the second group of passerines this summer.

        August 1, 2002

        Dear North American Birds Contributors,

        Please send your noteworthy records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for
        the period 1 June - 31 July to the appropriate Subregional Editors (see
        below) or to the Regional Editors by 10 June.

        IMPORTANT: Luke Cole will be handling the second group of landbirds
        (Thrashers-finches) this season while Don Roberson is on vacation. Please
        send your reports to Luke at
        561 Hill Street
        San Francisco, CA 94114
        luke@...

[...]

        Records of thrashers to finches go to Luke Cole at:
        561 Hill Street
        San Francisco, CA 94114
        luke@...

[...]

        Kristie Nelson
        P.O. Box 402
        Lee Vining, CA 93541
        storm_petrel@...

        Monterey
        Don Roberson
        282 Grove Acre
        Pacific Grove CA 93950
        831-373-2566fax
        creagrus@...

        Napa & Solano
        Robin Leong
        336 Benson Ave.
        Vallejo, CA 94590-3027
        robin_leong@...

        Nevada
        Brian Williams
        8200 Turner Dr.
        Granite Bay, CA 95746
        bwcal@...

        Placer
        Ed Pandolfino
        4807 Miners Cove Circle
        Loomis, CA 95650
        erpfromca@...

        Plumas & Sierra
        John "Mac" McCormick
        2351 Filbert St.
        Apt. #102
        San Francisco, CA 94123
        macmc94123@...

        San Francisco (mainland)
        Hugh Cotter
        1219 Broderick St.
        San Francisco, CA 94115
        htcotter@...

        San Joaquin
        David G. Yee
        11707 N. Alpine Rd.
        Lodi, CA 95240
        dyee@...

        San Mateo
        Peter J. Metropulos
        470 Middlefield Rd.
        Atherton, CA 94027
        pjmetrop@...

[...]

        Dublin

        If the misery of our poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our
        institutions, great is our sin. Charles Darwin, Voyage of the Beagle

      • sgloverccc@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 3 7:45 AM
          Hi all,
          As usual, sorry for the cross-posting!

          Dear North American Birds Contributors,

          Please send your noteworthy records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for
          the period 1 Dec-28 Feb to the appropriate Subregional Editors (see below) or
          to the Regional Editors by 10 Mar.

          Please note that the second half of the landbirds, the thrashers through the
          finches, are now in the capable hands of Luke Cole on a permanent basis. Many
          thanks to Don Roberson for years of timely and concise reports as well as his
          steadfast attention to detail.

[...]

          Amador & El Dorado
[...]

          Sacramento and Yolo
          Chris Conard
          2405 Rio Bravo Circle
          Sacramento, CA 95826
          chris.conard@...

          San Francisco (mainland)
          The City: Mark Eaton
          1524 36th Avenue
          San Francisco, CA 94122
          mweaton@...

          San Joaquin
          David G. Yee
          11707 N. Alpine Rd.
          Lodi, CA 95240
          davidyee@...

          San Mateo
          Peter J. Metropulos
          470 Middlefield Rd.
          Atherton, CA 94027
          pjmetrop@...

          Santa Clara
          William G. Bousman
          321 Arlington Way
          Menlo Park CA 94025
          bousman@...

          Santa Cruz
          David Suddjian
          801 Monterey Ave.
          Capitola, CA 95010
          DSUDDJIAN@...

          Shasta
          Bob Yutzy
          P. O. Box 990237
          Redding CA 96099
          boby@...

          Siskiyou
          Ray Ekstrom
          2209 Delphic Rd.
          Montague, CA 96064

          Sonoma
          Ruth Rudesill
          P.O. Box 371
          Kenwood, CA 95452
          bandm@...

          Stanislaus
          Jim Gain
          1721 Candler Lane
          Modesto, CA 95355
          jimgain@...

[...]

          Luke Cole, Mike Rogers, Scott Terrill, Tom Ryan, and Steve Glover

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 3, 2004
            August 1, 2004

            Dear North American Birds Contributors,

            The summer season has already come to a close so please send your noteworthy
            records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for the period 1 June-31 July to
            the appropriate Subregional Editors (see below) or to the Regional Editors by
            10 August.

            Please pay special attention to the format example given at the end of this
            message. Reports that are formatted properly make our job far easier. In
            particular, it is important to note that there is a single tab between species,
            date, etc.

[...]

            Brichmond94544@...

            Alpine & Calaveras
            John Sterling
            Jones & Stokes Associates
            2600 V Street
            Sacramento, CA 95818-1914
            ani@...

            Amador & El Dorado
            Tim Steurer
            4042 Bancroft Dr.
            El Dorado Hills, CA 95762-6933
            tsteurer@...

            Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Sutter, Tehama, Yuba
            Bruce Deuel
            18730 Live Oak Road
            Red Bluff, CA 96080
            bdeuel@...

            Contra Costa
            Steve Glover
            6526 Conestoga Lane
            Dublin CA 94568
            Sgloverccc@...

            Del Norte
            Alan D. Barron
            1093 Hwy 101 N. #18
            Crescent City, CA 95531
            flockfinder@...

            Fresno
            Gary W. Potter
            2183 Walton Ave
            Sanger, CA 93657
            gwpott@...

            Humboldt
            David Fix and Jude Claire Power
            P.O. Box 4331
            Arcata, CA 95518
            dfxjcp@...

            Kings
            Luke Cole
            561 Hill Street
            San Francisco, CA 94114
            luke@...

            Lake
            Jerry R. White
            P.O. Box 113
            Kelseyville, CA 95451
            grwhite@...

            Lassen
            Tim Manolis
            808 El Encino Way
            Sacramento, CA 95864
            ylightfoot@...

            David Vander Pluym
            1683 Buena Vista St.
            Ventura, CA 93001
            SCRE@...

            Mendocino
            Bob Keiffer
            P. O. Box 354
            Hopland CA 95449
            rjkeiffer@...

            Merced and San Benito
            Kent Van Vuren
            26 Vista Dr.
            Salinas, CA 93907
            vanvurenk@...

            Modoc
            John Sterling
            Jones & Stokes Associates
            2600 V St.
            Sacramento, CA 95818-1914
            ani@...

            Mono
            Kristie Nelson
            P.O. Box 402
            Lee Vining, CA 93541
            storm_petrel@...

            Monterey
            Don Roberson
            282 Grove Acre
            Pacific Grove CA 93950
            831-373-2566fax
            creagrus@...

            Napa & Solano
            Robin Leong
            336 Benson Ave.
            Vallejo, CA 94590-3027
            robin_leong@...

            Nevada
            Brian Williams
            8200 Turner Dr.
            Granite Bay, CA 95746
            bwcal@...

            Placer
            Ed Pandolfino
            5530 Del Rose Court
            Carmichael, CA 95608
            erpfromca@...

            Plumas & Sierra
            John "Mac" McCormick
            2351 Filbert St.
            Apt. #102
            San Francisco, CA 94123
            macmc94123@...

            Sacramento and Yolo
            Chris Conard
            2405 Rio Bravo Circle
            Sacramento, CA 95826
            chris.conard@...

            San Francisco (mainland)
            The City: Mark Eaton
            1524 36th Avenue
            San Francisco, CA 94122
            mweaton@...

            San Joaquin
            David G. Yee
            11707 N. Alpine Rd.
            Lodi, CA 95240
            davidyee@...

            San Mateo
            Peter J. Metropulos
            470 Middlefield Rd.
            Atherton, CA 94027
            pjmetrop@...

            Santa Clara
            William G. Bousman
            321 Arlington Way
            Menlo Park CA 94025
            barlowi@...

            Santa Cruz
            David Suddjian
            801 Monterey Ave.
            Capitola, CA 95010
            DSUDDJIAN@...

            Shasta
            Bob Yutzy
            P. O. Box 990237
            Redding CA 96099
            boby@...

            Siskiyou
            Ray Ekstrom
            2209 Delphic Rd.
            Montague, CA 96064

            Sonoma
            Ruth Rudesill
            P.O. Box 371
            Kenwood, CA 95452
            rar@...

            Stanislaus
            Jim Gain
            1721 Candler Lane
            Modesto, CA 95355
            jimgain@...

            Trinity
            John E. Hunter
            P.O. Box 4483
            Arcata, CA 95518
            jhunter323@...

            Tuolumne
            Steven Umland
            15818 Parkridge Ave.
            Sonora, CA 95370
            sumland@...

            We currently have no regional editors for Madera, Marin, and Tulare Counties.
[...]

            Luke Cole, Mike Rogers, Scott Terrill, and Steve Glover

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 2 10:51 AM
              March 1, 2005

              Dear North American Birds Contributors,

              The winter season has already come to a close so please send your noteworthy
              records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for the period 1 December- 28
              February to the appropriate Subregional Editors (see below) or to the Regional
              Editors by 10 March.

              Please pay special attention to the format example given at the end of this
              message. Reports that are formatted properly make our job far easier. In
              particular, it is important to note that there is a single tab between species,
              date, etc.

              PLEASE use Subregional Editors for the counties that have them. These SREs
              painstakingly keep track of records within their counties and are in most cases
              THE source of information on the birds of their counties. By sending your
              records to the SREs, you are helping to contribute to their county files as well
              as to North American Birds. If you wish to send copies to the Regional
              Editors, we welcome them, but please send records through the SREs as well. If you
              have a noteworthy winter sighting from a county without a Subregional Editor,
              please send records to the Regional Editors below.

              Records of loons-frigatebirds and larids-alcids go to Scott Terrill at:

[...]

              Alpine, Calaveras & Modoc
[...]

              Madera
              Jeff Davis
              30705 Pennyroyal Lane
              Prather, CA 93651
              jndavis@...

              Mariposa
              David Vander Pluym
              1683 Buena Vista St.
              Ventura, CA 93001
              SCRE@...

              Mendocino
              Bob Keiffer
              P. O. Box 354
              Hopland CA 95449
              rjkeiffer@...

              Merced and San Benito
              Kent Van Vuren
              26 Vista Dr.
              Salinas, CA 93907
              vanvurenk@...

              Mono
              Kristie Nelson
              P.O. Box 402
              Lee Vining, CA 93541
              storm_petrel@...

              Monterey
              Don Roberson
              282 Grove Acre
              Pacific Grove CA 93950
              831-373-2566fax
              creagrus@...

              Napa & Solano
              Robin Leong
              336 Benson Ave.
              Vallejo, CA 94590-3027
              robin_leong@...

              Nevada
              Brian Williams
              8200 Turner Dr.
              Granite Bay, CA 95746
              bwcal@...

              Placer
              Ed Pandolfino
              5530 Del Rose Court
              Carmichael, CA 95608
              erpfromca@...

              Plumas & Sierra
              John "Mac" McCormick
              2351 Filbert St.
              Apt. #102
              San Francisco, CA 94123
              macmc94123@...

              Sacramento and Yolo
              Chris Conard
              2405 Rio Bravo Circle
              Sacramento, CA 95826
              chris.conard@...

              San Francisco (mainland)
              The City: Mark Eaton
              1524 36th Avenue
              San Francisco, CA 94122
              mweaton@...

              San Joaquin
              David G. Yee
              11707 N. Alpine Rd.
              Lodi, CA 95240
              davidyee@...

              San Mateo
              Peter J. Metropulos
              470 Middlefield Rd.
              Atherton, CA 94027
              pjmetrop@...

              Santa Clara
              William G. Bousman
              321 Arlington Way
              Menlo Park CA 94025
              barlowi@...

              Santa Cruz
              David Suddjian
              801 Monterey Ave.
              Capitola, CA 95010
              DSUDDJIAN@...

              Shasta
              Bob Yutzy
              P. O. Box 990237
              Redding CA 96099
              boby@...

              Siskiyou
              Ray Ekstrom
              2209 Delphic Rd.
              Montague, CA 96064

              Sonoma
              Ruth Rudesill
              P.O. Box 371
              Kenwood, CA 95452
              rar@...

              Stanislaus
              Jim Gain
              1721 Candler Lane
              Modesto, CA 95355
              jimgain@...

              Trinity
              John E. Hunter
              P.O. Box 4483
              Arcata, CA 95518
              jhunter323@...

              Tuolumne
              Steven Umland
              15818 Parkridge Ave.
              Sonora, CA 95370
              sumland@...

              We currently have no regional editors for Marin and Tulare Counties. Records
[...]

            • Steve Glover
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
                August 1, 2005

                Dear North American Birds Contributors,

                The brief sumer season has already come to a close so
                please send your noteworthy records from the Middle
                Pacific Coast Region for the period 1 June- 31 July to
                the appropriate Subregional Editors (see below) or to
                the Regional Editors by 10 August.

                Note below that Glover has a new email address.

                countylines@...

[...]

                2940 Turk Blvd.
                San Francisco, CA 94118
                pjmetrop@...