GC Flyc-yes, BW Warb-no

  • Paul Keller
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2009
      Saw the Laguna Grande Lake GREAT-CRESTED FLYCATCHER at the
      yellowjacket nest site today at 1pm for about 10 minutes working the
      willows at eye level. Birders that I met when I just arrived told me
      that it had made an appearance at about 9:30 at the same place. Park
      at Virgin St and Grant ave and walk down the trail to a 3-way
      intersection of the trail near the broken yellow tape near the
      yellowjacket nest. (Google maps: enter Virgin and Grant, Del Rey Oaks
      CA 93940)
      I arrived at the Manresa bicycle wheel overlook site at about 2pm and
      stayed until about 3:30 and did not see the BLUE-WINGED WARBLER
      reported earlier this week. A birder that I met told me that he had
      been there since late morning also without seeing it.
      Paul Keller, SB Vandenberg Village