SEDGE WREN at Glen Helen Regional Park update

  • Thomasabenson@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2009
      The Sedge Wren continued at Glen Helen Regional Park in Devore (San Bernardino County) through this afternoon until we (Curtis Marantz, Brad Singer, Bill Hopson, and I) left it around 4:00 pm. This afternoon (2:00-4:00 pm) the bird spent most of its time hopping around on the ground underneath the dense grass away from the immediate edge of the channel, but occasionally popping up on top of the low vegetation along the immediate edges of the water. Several "paths" have been made within the riparian area that birders were using to view the bird. The best strategy for seeing the bird this afternoon was (once the bird had been located) to stand in the path around the clump of grass where the bird was seen, and patiently wait for it to come into view in openings within the grass. I have posted three pictures in the Tom's Pics folder on inlandcountybirds and on my Flickr site (see links below). For those chasing the bird tomorrow morning, the park opens at 7:30 am and there is a $10 entry fee.

      Tom Benson
      San Bernardino, CA

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/40928097@N07/4020141335/in/photostream/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/40928097@N07/4020142749/in/photostream/