1200 Least Storm-Petrels Off San Diego; Nov San Diego Grande trip cancelled

  • thunefeld
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2009
      Greetings,

      The trip track showing locations of Grande (off San Diego) this past weekend including the locations of the spectacular flocks of Least Storm-Petrels, the official trip list, photos and Paul Lehman’s trip report is now posted:
      http://socalbirding.com/tripreports/sandiegooct32009.html

      This weekend’s 48-hour trip to the shelf edge aboard Grande from San Diego still has 6 openings available. We’ll spend some time on the Nine Mile Bank on the way out and hit the Thirty Mile Bank for one more attempted look at the enormous storm-petrel flocks and try to get better looks at Craveri’s Murrelets before heading out to and past the Cortez and Tanner Banks. The weather and seas appear to be nearly perfect for a wonderful 48 hours on the Pacific.
      Details: http://socalbirding.com/release/sandiegooct10112009.html

      We regret to announce that after much head-scratching and hair-pulling, we reluctantly had to make the decision today to cancel the undersubscribed November 14-15 San Diego Grande 48-hour trip. Rather than waiting until the last minute to “pull the plug” we wanted to give registrants the opportunity (albeit short notice) to switch to this weekend’s trip or with more time to possibly to switch to the tantalizing deep-water November 7 trip on the fastest-boat-on-the coast, Santa Barbara's Condor Express.
      Details: http://socalbirding.com/release/santabarbaranov72009.html

      Those who have registered for the November 14-15 Grande trip will receive a phone call from Point Loma Sportfishing within the next 5 days to process a refund. If you wish to switch to this weekend’s trip, you should call the Sportfishing office immediately at 619-223-1627. We sincerely regret this cancellation and do not take it lightly, understanding that many participants make airline reservations and other plans that are difficult to alter.

      W. Terry Hunefeld, Encinitas
      Life is short. Seabird often.
      In memory of Luke Cole
      “Come on out with us to see what’s out there.”

      Southern California Seabirding Trips
      Buena Vista Audubon Society
      http://www.SoCalBirding.com
      Los Coronados Islands, Channel Islands