Big Sur Christmas Count; 12.20.2009

  • Lammergeiereyes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2009
      Greetings Birders

      ?

      The Big Sur Christmas Count will be held this year on Dec. 20, 2009. Our count circle includes some of the most breathtaking scenery in North America and is traditionally a very underbirded event. Territories stretch from the old growth Redwoods of Palo Colorado south to?Grimes Canyon and?from Pt. Sur and the Big Sur River Mouth east to the slopes of the Santa Lucias and Ventana Wilderness. Regular species include Mountain Quail, California Condor and California Spotted Owl.?Past?rarities?have included Manx Shearwater, Thick-billed Murre, Townsend's Solitaire and Evening Grosbeak.

      ?

      Please contact me at this e-mail for more information or to participate.

      Good birding,

      ?

      Blake T. Matheson, Compiler

      Pacific Grove California & Portland Oregon

      "Men still live who, in their youth, remember Passenger Pigeons. Trees still live who, in their youth, were shaken by a living wind. But a decade hence only the oldest oaks will remember, and at long last only the hills will know." Leopold (1949).