Sep 27, 2009 Shearwater Journeys' Trip Report

  • Debra Shearwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2009
      Hello, Seabirders,

      The spectacular Shearwater Journeys' September 27th trip had many
      highlights: high-flying WOOD DUCK over the harbor, TUFTED PUFFIN,
      XANTUS' MURRELET, 4000 ASHY STORM-PETRELS, up close views of a
      WILSON'S STORM-PETREL, and amazing interactions with KILLER WHALES
      and HUMPBACK WHALES. The full trip report, including county totals,
      is at:

      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2009/09/trip-report-
      sep-27-2009-monterey-bay.html

      Leader Abe Borker's images are at:

      http://abeborker.com/?p=299

      Most of all, we enjoyed glassy-smooth seas and tremendous sunshine
      for most of the day, certainly for all of the great sightings!

      Please join us on one of our upcoming trips! Spaces are still
      available on the following Monterey departures: October 4, 11, 25;
      November 28. Spaces are available on the October 10 Albacore:
      Offshore Monterey trip, as well as the October 16th Bodega Bay trip.
      Two spaces are available on the October 18 trip departing from Fort
      Bragg. Advance reservations are recommended.

      Shearwaters forever,
      Debi

      Debra Shearwater
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527
      debi@...
      www.shearwaterjourneys.com
      www.shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com

      **Antarctica, South Georgia, & The Falkland Islands, January 5-24, 2010*
      Shearwater Journeys' Exclusive Charter
      Waiting list available