RE: [CVBirds] Adult SHARP-TAILED SANDPPER

  • John Sterling
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2009
      The bird was in mostly alternate plumage. However, it flew off and we were
      not able to refind it after about 1 ½ of searching. There are a lot of
      shorebirds roosting on the levees, so it is undoubtedly still there, but we
      just couldn’t find it. I suspect that late afternoon, early evening would
      be a good time to look for the bird if it starts feeding again on the
      mudflats. Great find by Todd! It was a lifer plumage for both of us.

      John

      John Sterling

      VVVVVVVVVV

      26 Palm Ave

      Woodland, CA 95695

      cell 530 908-3836

      jsterling@...

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2009
        Check out my photos of the bird at http://www.sterlingbirds.com/photos.htm

        I couldn't get close to the bird at all, so felt lucky to have the bird in
        focus as I just aimed in the direction of the bird in the middle of the pond
        and pressed the shutter button.

        John Sterling

        VVVVVVVVVV

        26 Palm Ave