Help with species status descriptions, please

  • calexandrinus
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2009
      I have become the defacto checklist keeper for Tulare Co. We currently use the
      Abundant
      Common
      Uncommon
      Rare
      Exceptional
      categories In the last five years Tulare Co has received the attention of a few devoted birders adding many species to the list and many sightings of previously Exceptional species so the question of what is Uncommon, Rare, or Exceptional arises more frequently. I have recently searched my home library and the internet for clearer definitions of the categories and how they are generally defined but have not been very successful.

      Any help or references would be greatly appreciated.

      John Lockhart
      Visalia