Photos of Red-necked Stint from Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area, 8-30-09

  • naturestoc
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2009
      Hi All. So sorry for this late, late posting (my internet has been down!). Here is a link to my images of the Red-necked Stint (presumed?) found by Todd Easterla on Sunday, 8-30-09 at Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area.

      http://naturestoc.smugmug.com/Other/Yolo-Bypass-Wildlife-Area-Red/9487196_oshCw/1/636940879_DS37V

      I have to admit that if it weren't for Todd and John Sterling standing beside me, I wouldn't have been able to ID this bird, Thanks Guys! That having been stated, I tried my very best to track the bird with my scope and then switch to my camera, shoot a few frames, then get back on the bird with the scope, etc, etc, all the while confirming with the experts surrounding me that I was indeed on the right bird. So, if some of my shots aren't of the stint, My Bad!!

      Dan Brown,
      Sacramento