RE: burrowing owls

  • Swamy LLM
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2009
      Hi All,

      Any suggestions on where I can find burrowing owls in SanFrancisco bay-area. I'm wildlife photographer and want to document these fascinating creatures.

      Also is anyone know if there are local bird enthusiast groups here in bay area.

      thanks for help

      Swamy Lokanadham
      Cupertino,CA

    • Bob Power
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 19, 2009
        Swamy,
        You might want to join the local list serv, southbaybirds. (south-bay-birds-subscribe@yahoogroups.com) Regular burrowing owl sightings are reported there. The easiest burrowing owls in the bay area are along Disc drive in Alviso.
        Best regards,
        Bob PowerSanta Clara Valley Audubon SocietyCupertino, CA