Hawaiian Cookin' Bodega Bay: August 12

  • Debra Shearwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2009
      Howdy, Seabirders,

      Shearwater Journeys' tremendously successful pelagic trip from Bodega
      Bay, yesterday is posted with the full trip report at:

      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2009/08/hawaiian-cookin-
      august-12-bodega-bay.html

      Highlights included 11 species of tubenoses´┐Ż the star of which was a
      HAWAIIAN PETREL, flying amongst the COOK'S PETRELS over our slick!
      Other highlights included the first of the fall season:1 WILSON'S
      STORM-PETREL, 40 FORK-TAILED STORM-PETRELS, 1 LAYSAN ALBATROSS, 2
      XANTUS' MURRELETS, 125 LONG-TAILED JAEGERS and 7 BLUE WHALES. It was
      a wild and wet day, but more than made up for it as we watched so
      many seabirds making close passes at our vessel. Photographers had a
      field day.

      Our next trips departing from Bodega Bay with spaces available are:
      September 16 & 20; October 16. Our next trips departing from Fort
      Bragg with spaces available are: September 18 & October 18. These
      trips can be combined to make a nice birding trip along the coast
      during fall migration.

      The full trip report for the August 7 Monterey Bay trip can be viewed
      at:

      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2009/08/august-7-monterey-bay-
      fall-seabirds.html

      Highlights of the day included a circling TUFTED PUFFIN and friendly
      Humpback Whales.

      Our next trips departing from Monterey with spaces available are:
      August 21, 28, 31; September 9, 11, 12, 24, 25, 26, 27; October 3, 4,
      10, 11, 25; November 28.

      See you out there,
      Debi

      Debra Shearwater
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527
      debi@...
      www.shearwaterjourneys.com
      www.shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com

      **Antarctica, South Georgia, & The Falkland Islands, January 5-24, 2010*
      Shearwater Journeys' Exclusive Charter
      Waiting list available