Ebird data entry re House Martin

  • Andy Lazere
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13 5:39 PM
      I entered this as an import of a file from Birdbase. Now reviewing my BirdBase file I see the error is there. I believe I may have an error in my Birdbase species sequencing as a result of an incorrect updating of the species list in the software.

      I believe that doing the data entry into Ebird as an import bypasses the Ebird command to Add Species for an out of range bird (this was Orange County.)I don't recall seeing any of the flags Ebird raises when you are directly entering a Rare bird.

      I think the Ebird project is of enormous value and the sponsors have been very thoughtful in making data entry as easy as possible. No one should be scared off by this one episode which really had nothing to do with Ebird's program.

      Andy Lazere