Re: [CALBIRDS] Ciff Swallow not Common House-Martin

  • Jamie Chavez
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2009
      A couple of sources for instantaneous eBird reports are the Rare Bird Google
      Gadgets found on many sites and Blogs, and the eBird Rarity Map available at
      Jack Siler's Birdingonthe.Net web site. A rare bird may pop up on either of
      these at any time but unless it has a green check mark next to it, it has
      not (yet) been reviewed by a regional or county editor for validation.
      Nevertheless, take any claim with a buyer beware attitude, but appreciate
      the fact that it is immediately posted in case it is legitimate. Green means
      go! Many of us reviewers take this seriously and look through the birds in
      queue list daily. Since time is of the essence it is most helpful to respond
      if asked for additional details or to include this information in notes with
      a submitted checklist. Something as simple as "multiple observers" is
      valuable information.

      Jamie Chavez
      Santa Maria, CA