AUG FORT BRAGG TRIPS CANCELED: IMPORTANT NOTICE

  • Debra Shearwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2009
      Seabirders,

      This is an important message for those birders signed up for the
      August 14 and August 16 pelagic trips departing from Fort Bragg:

      BOTH TRIPS HAVE BEEN CANCELED BY THE OWNER/OPERATOR OF THE BOAT. HE
      JUST CALLED ME TO SAY THAT THE BOAT HAS MECHANICAL PROBLEMS AND
      CANNOT RUN.

      Both he and I regret this situation. He has the boat out of the water
      right now, but not hauled out in dry dock. He has no idea of when the
      boat might be repaired. Apparently, some stainless steel part of the
      boat is cracked and there is no way that he can operate the boat.

      Unfortunately, there is no other suitable boat in Fort Bragg that can
      accommodate the 40 passengers who were scheduled to do each trip. If
      you are in Fort Bragg, there are many places with excellent land
      birding, although I realize that this in no way replaces our much
      anticipated offshore trips.

      Spaces are still available on the trip departing from Bodega Bay,
      tomorrow, AUGUST 12. Please email me, or call me, if you would like
      to do that trip. I am at home for the next several hours. It is the
      only thing possible this week.

      All participants will receive a full refund for their trip(s). Please
      call and cancel your motel rooms, if you need to do that.

      Very regretfully,
      Debi

      Debra Shearwater
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527
      debi@...
      www.shearwaterjourneys.com
      www.shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com

      **Antarctica, South Georgia, & The Falkland Islands, January 5-24, 2010*
      Shearwater Journeys' Exclusive Charter
      Waiting list available