Santa Barbara County Mystery Bird

  • marinehold@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 2009
      I've posted two bird pictures in Mystery Birds I took in Santa Barbara while on a vacation birding trip. Any ideas on what this bird is? The photos were taken about 2:00pm just off the beach on Gaviota beach.

      Thanks

      Michael Rinehold
      Houston, Texas
    • Joseph Morlan
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 9, 2009
        On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 14:14:48 -0000, "marinehold@..."
        <marinehold@...> wrote:

        >I've posted two bird pictures in Mystery Birds I took in Santa Barbara while on a vacation birding trip. Any ideas on what this bird is? The photos were taken about 2:00pm just off the beach on Gaviota beach.

        The photos are of a Wrentit (Chamaea fasciata).

        --
        Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA jmorlan (at) ccsf.edu
        SF Birding Classes start Sept. 15 http://fog.ccsf.edu/~jmorlan/