Monterey Bay Flooded With Cook’s Petrels and L.T. Jaegers

  • Terry Hunefeld
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31 1:25 PM
      I just received a phone call (1:15 p.m. Friday July 31) from Todd McGrath who is on Monterey Bay with Debi Shearwater. They have seen more than 120 Cook's Petrels and 100 Long-tailed Jaegers - all within 15 miles off Point Sur.

      This is shaping up to be the biggest Cook's Petrel year in history. The next of Debi's trips with space available is August 7 from Monterey Bay and this is the year to be on a Shearwater Journeys trip if you wish to see pterodromas. Her Fort Bragg trips have incredible success ratios for finding Hawaiian Petrel. Debi will not be home or in the office during the next week, so do NOT call, but email her.
      Debi's email: debi@...

      Debi's Trip Schedule: http://www.shearwaterjourneys.com/schedule.shtml

      Shearwater Journeys: http://socalbirding.com/shearwaterjourneys.html

      Pterodromas forever,

      W. Terry Hunefeld, Encinitas
      Life is short. Seabird often.
      In memory of Luke Cole
      "Come on out with us to see what's out there."

      Southern California Seabirding Trips
      Buena Vista Audubon Society
      http://www.SoCalBirding.com
      Los Coronados Islands, Channel Islands