Yellow-Green Vireo

  • Doug Aguillard
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28, 2009
      This should have gone out days ago to Calbirds (my apologies), but Sue Smith
      has apparently found California's first summering Yellow-Green Vireo at San
      Elijo Lagoon in Solana Beach, San Diego County. The bird was first thought
      to be a Red-eyed Vireo and stumped many with it's ID. After some mages were
      reviewed, it has been deemed to be a very dull Yellow-Green.

      The bird has been seen or heard daily from the trailheads at the end of
      northern end Rios Dr. in Solana Beach. If you get to the trail head, the
      bird can be near a very large Cottonwood tree about 50 yards down the hill
      to the right, or it has also been seen on a regular basis in the Willows
      right below the end of the Street and to the north of the trailhead.

      Doug Aguillard

      San Diego, CA

      Black Water Photography

      www.blackwaterphoto.com <http://www.blackwaterphoto.com/>