RFI: PA Bi rders FIRS T Visit to CA‏

  • Jeffery Davis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2009
      My wife Amy and I will be making our first ever birding trip to California (My first trip west of Pittsburgh!) in the beginning of July (7-11) and we would love some help with some good birding spots and/or recommendations on good books. We will fly in to Las Vegas and then drive to Placentia (Orange County) where we will be staying with family. We figured we would try and focus on CA Specialties that we wouldn't get elsewhere, say from a trip to AZ, but basically everything that is not an east coast bird will be a lifer to me unless it is in one of the east coast rarities we have been lucky enough to see (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffamy/sets/72157611025101702/). We are also wanting in life sea birds (e.g. Razorbill and Black Guillemot are our only Alcids!) so any tips of good locations for these would also be appreciated. BTW I would LOVE to see my first Burrowing Owl. It is the only East Coast Owl I haven't seen and photographed this year.
      Thank you all very much in advance. :)

      regards,
      jeff davis

      Downingtown, PA

      Checkout our bird photos at the link below:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffamy/

      "Birding Like I Have Six Months To Live"