Tahoe Pileated nest

  • Richard Carlson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2009
      I have found the nest of a Pileated Woodpecker at Lake Tahoe. A picture of the young Pileated is at Sierra-nevadabirds at yahoo groups.

      The nest is 1/2 mile west of hwy 89 on Barker Pass Rd S of Tahoe City. It is in a large Aspen in a grove of Aspen trees on the west edge of the meadow. Please give the birds some room and don't trample my beloved Scarlet Fritillary Lilies.

      Richard Carlson
      Full-time Birder, Biker and Rotarian
      Part-time Economist
      Tucson, AZ, Lake Tahoe, CA, & Kirkland, WA
      rccarl@...
      Tucson 520-760-4935
      Tahoe 530-581-0624
      Kirkland 425-828-3819