WHITE-EYED VIREO Marin County

  • Leslie Lieurance
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2009
      Cal-Birders -

      Today, 6 June 2009, Scott & Linda Terrill ID'd a WHITE-EYED VIREO at the Lighthouse Trees in Pt. Reyes Nat'l Seashore in Marin County. We found the bird above the oven where it actively hunted prey for about 45 minutes. The oven is at the far (lighthouse) end of the first stand of trees from the parking lot. We left the bird there at 5:30pm.

      Below are links to images of the bird.

      Video still capture:
      http://www.petrels.com/images/wevi.jpg

      Video movie 5MB: