Los Angeles Audubon Society monthly meeting June 10, 2009

  • Nicholas Freeman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2009
      Hi Birders

      You are cordially invited to attend LA Audubon Society's monthly
      meeting, Wednesday, June 10, 2009. This will be our last meeting for
      the summer. Our general meetings resume September 9, 2006 with
      another great bird presentation. Please check out our website for
      more details as we are offering a great owling trip to the southern
      Sierra, Salton Sea, Bolsa Chica birding trips, plus more!

      Stacey Vigallon, Los Angeles Audubon Director of Interpretation and
      Students from the Baldwin Hills Greenhouse and Restoration Leadership
      Programs, as well as students who attended the Audubon California
      Assembly.

      In a fantastic partnership with EARTHWORKS Restoration, Inc., the
      first year of the Baldwin Hills Greenhouse Internship Program and the
      Restoration Leadership Program commenced in the summer of 2008. Since
      then, students from Dorsey High School have been hard at work
      learning about coastal sage scrub ecology, conducting original native
      plant research, and leading their peers and the community at habitat
      restoration volunteer events. Join us for an evening of student
      presentations and help us celebrate the fantastic work these students
      have completed during the school year.

      Our monthly Evening Program and Membership Meeting is held the second
      Wednesday of the month (except for July and August) in the West
      Hollywood Community Center in Plummer Park, 7377 Santa Monica Blvd.
      (at Martel Ave.), West Hollywood., CA. Meetings start at 7:30 PM and
      are over at about 9:30 PM. All are welcome!

      Happy Birding!

      Mary Freeman
      Glendale, CA
      Programs Chair and Fieldtrip Leader for LAAS